2022 Chevy Silverado HD Specs
Learn more about the Chevy Silverado 2500 diesel and gas-powered heavy-duty pickup truck. A significant upgrade over the Chevy Silverado 1500, the Chevy Silverado 2500HD and the 3500HD provides up to 8,500 and 20,000 pounds of towing power to your Stephenville-area worksites, respectively.
Want to learn more about the differences between the Silverado HD diesel and gasoline engines? Learn more about the Chevy Silverado 3500 Diesel and how it differs from the Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT with us at Bayer Motor Company near Stephenville. Find out more about the infotainment system and technology package as well.
Silverado HD Diesel vs. Gas Engines
What is the difference between a Chevy Silverado 2500 diesel and a gas-powered engine, and which one is best for you on Brownwood roads? This is an important question when investing in a new HD pickup truck. The gasoline engine paired with the six-speed automatic transmission can help you experience exceptional control on steep hills. However, the Chevy 2500 Diesel can offer a high amount of towing capability.
Silverado 2500 Gas Engine Specs
The gas-powered 6.6L V8 engine is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission and is capable of providing Granbury drivers with
- Maximum power output of 401 hp and 464 lb-ft of torque.
- Acceleration from 0 to 60 mph in 7.5 seconds.
- Towing capacity of 14,500 pounds (with the 2022 Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab Long Bed 2WD, 17-inch wheels, and available fifth-wheel or gooseneck hitch). Adding a gooseneck trailer boosts this figure to 17,370 pounds.
Silverado 2500 Duramax Diesel Specs
With the Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 engine, you’ll be able to experience an Allison® 10-speed automatic transmission to fully experience the full Silverado 2500 towing and specs which include:
- Maximum power output of 445 hp and 910 lb-ft of torque.
- Acceleration from 0 to 60 mph in 6.5 seconds.
- The Chevy Silverado 2500 diesel engine generates a towing capacity of up to 18,500 pounds (when configured with a Crew cab option).
Chevy Silverado 3500 Diesel Specs
If you need a significant upgrade, learn more about the Chevy Silverado 3500 Diesel specs with us at Bayer Motor Company such as:
6.6L Turbo-Diesel Engine
- Maximum payload capacity of 6,196 pounds.
- The Chevy Silverado 3500 diesel engine generates a 20,000-pound towing capacity (when equipped with dual-rear-wheel drive).
- Adding a gooseneck trailer boosts towing capacity to 36,000 pounds.
Discover Silverado HD Diesel Capability at Bayer Motor Company
Contact our team if you are ready to experience the Silverado HD trucks for yourself, or stop by our new vehicle inventory today.
More from Bayer Motor Company
We all know that the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 was an absolute behemoth of a truck that made Stephenville pedestrians jealous with its impressive engine, towing capacity, and premium comfort capacity. How does the all-new 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 stand in comparison to prior models and other models in its weight class? We…
When it comes to the 2022 Chevy Equinox model, Stephenville families will want to know how the compact SUV fares in terms of towing features. Learn more about the compact crossover vehicle, and learn about what features are included in each trim level. See what makes the Equinox the perfect vehicle for vacationing, in…
Learn more about the Chevy Silverado 2500 diesel and gas-powered heavy-duty pickup truck. A significant upgrade over the Chevy Silverado 1500, the Chevy Silverado 2500HD and the 3500HD provides up to 8,500 and 20,000 pounds of towing power to your Stephenville-area worksites, respectively. Want to learn more about the differences between the Silverado HD…