How Many Miles Do Tires Last?
Asking, “How many miles do tires last?” is much different than “How many miles should tires last?” Ideally, most manufacturers estimate that a new set lasts 50,000 miles or so. But depending on your driving habits and terrain, you might need to replace your set much earlier. Find out why some tires last longer than others, and learn the ways to maximize your tire life with the experts at Bayer Motor Company!
What Factors Affect Tire Life Expectancy?
Determining how many miles tires last can be tricky, because everyone puts their tires through different circumstances. Here are some of the major factors that contribute to how many miles your tires should last:
- Type of tire: All-season tires are built to fare well in all conditions in Stephenville, while high-performance tires are built with speed and not durability in mind.
- Treadwear rating: Each new tire includes a treadwear rating, which tells you how long you can expect your tread to hold up on the Brownwood roads.
- Drivetrain: Drivetrains affect which tires receive the greatest wear and tear, so a front-wheel drive vehicle will stress tires differently than a rear-wheel drive vehicle.
- Road conditions: The worse the road conditions, the more stress on your tires. Off-roading, racing, and towing will strain your set faster than run-of-the-mill driving. Additionally, weather conditions like snow and ice can be detrimental to your set.
- Terrain: Hilly terrain has steeper inclines than flatter locations, which means more friction against your tread.
- Driving habits: Aggressive driving will tear through your tread, so resist the urge to speed around Granbury.
Tire Care Tips For Long-Lasting Tires
Want to get the most out of your tires? Maintenance is key, and our service center is always happy to bring out the best in your set. Here is a breakdown of the recommended tire maintenance services:
- Air Pressure: Check your owner’s manual for your recommended tire air pressure. Check your pressure manually with a tire pressure gauge or automatically with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Add air at a gas station or service center as needed.
- Tread Depth: If your tires have 2/32nd of an inch or less of tread depth, you’ll need to get a new set. Check your tire tread depth with a ruler, a tread depth gauge, or even a penny.
- Rotations and Balances: Rotating your tires distributes the wear and tear more evenly across your entire set, while balances ensure that each individual tire is properly weighted. Schedule your service with us in Comanche.
Schedule Your Next Maintenance Visit with Bayer Motor Company
Whether you need a new set of tires or just a little maintenance, the team at Bayer Motor Company is here to help. Contact us with your questions or visit our service center in Comanche.
More from Bayer Motor Company
When choosing a vehicle that shines on the roads of Stephenville, the 2024 Chevrolet Trax emerges as a top contender. Not only does this model boast an eye-catching design and impressive versatility, but it also offers performance that makes every journey in Brownwood a pleasure. Among its many features, the 2024 Chevy Trax mpg ratings…
If you’re considering the 2024 Chevrolet Trax as your next vehicle, you’re in for a treat. This popular crossover offers versatility, style, and affordability in one package. However, before you rush into your purchase, exploring the 2024 Chevrolet Trax configurations available in Comanche is essential to ensure you get the model that suits your needs….
Discover the 2024 Chevrolet Trailblazer – a fuel-efficient SUV that effortlessly blends adaptability with power. It’s the ideal companion for diverse tasks in the lively streets of Stephenville. At its heart is the impressive 2024 Chevrolet Trailblazer towing capacity, demonstrating the capability to tow up to 1,000 pounds when properly equipped. The 2024 Chevy Trailblazer…