2022 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
The GMC Sierra lineup of trucks is back for 2022, with a maximum towing capacity of 11,800 pounds! This light-duty pickup achieves its impressive towing numbers thanks to a powerhouse 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and the available Max Trailering Package.
There are plenty of other towing features available to make hauling cargo around Stephenville as smooth and safe as possible, such as the Traction Select System and the ProGrade Trailering System. The team at Bayer Motor Company has everything you need to know about the 2022 GMC Sierra towing package in the guide below – check it out!
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
The 2022 GMC Sierra light-duty pickup can tow up to 11,800 pounds when equipped with the 6.2L V8 engine combined with four-wheel drive, crew cab configuration, and the Max Trailering Package. When picking out a 2022 Sierra for yourself, you’ll get to choose between a few different configurations so you can customize your truck to your choosing:
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
GMC Sierra Towing Features Available
- Max Trailering Package: This top-level package includes a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio with improved radiator, 220-amp alternator, updated shock tuning, and heavy-duty rear springs. You’ll need this package to achieve the GMC Sierra’s maximum towing capacity of 11,800 pounds.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: With this innovative feature, your Sierra will automatically set the Electronic Parking Brake when you’re using Hitch View, which prevents accidental rolling.
- Trailering Camera Package: This package adds two additional side-view mirror cameras, so you can have maximum visibility when hauling a trailer behind your Sierra on the Brownwood roads.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system integrates with Tow/Haul Mode to provide optimum transmission shift points, throttle mapping, and StabiliTrak to make your rides as smooth as possible.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: This controller can be accessed from the center console to control your trailer brakes.
The GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System
The GMC ProGrade Trailering System is an optional upgrade to your GMC Sierra, providing additional high-definition cameras streaming directly to your smartphone or your truck’s infotainment screen. Here are a few benefits of the ProGrade Trailering System:
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: This provides a dynamic grid line so you can more easily hook up the hitch to the trailer.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: You can test your trailer lights with this feature to make sure everything is working properly before you hit the road.
- In-vehicle trailering app: With this companion smartphone app, you have access to a comprehensive pre-departure checklist, customizable brake settings, Trailer Theft Detection, and more!
Learn More About the Sierra at Bayer Motor Company!
There’s plenty more to love about the 2022 GMC Sierra! Contact our office or stop by our dealership to learn more about this all-new light-duty pickup. Our team is happy to answer any questions you might have or give you more information.
You can also come to the dealership if you want to set up a test drive around Granbury, if you want to see how the Sierra handles on the road. And don’t forget to check out our new vehicle specials if you’re looking to save on your next Sierra!
More from Bayer Motor Company
When choosing a vehicle that shines on the roads of Stephenville, the 2024 Chevrolet Trax emerges as a top contender. Not only does this model boast an eye-catching design and impressive versatility, but it also offers performance that makes every journey in Brownwood a pleasure. Among its many features, the 2024 Chevy Trax mpg ratings…
If you’re considering the 2024 Chevrolet Trax as your next vehicle, you’re in for a treat. This popular crossover offers versatility, style, and affordability in one package. However, before you rush into your purchase, exploring the 2024 Chevrolet Trax configurations available in Comanche is essential to ensure you get the model that suits your needs….
Discover the 2024 Chevrolet Trailblazer – a fuel-efficient SUV that effortlessly blends adaptability with power. It’s the ideal companion for diverse tasks in the lively streets of Stephenville. At its heart is the impressive 2024 Chevrolet Trailblazer towing capacity, demonstrating the capability to tow up to 1,000 pounds when properly equipped. The 2024 Chevy Trailblazer…